Ashok Leyland, flagship Company of the Hinduja Group and India’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, today released an update on the transformational success of its Digital Solutions Business. The journey of this digital integration of business began in 2017, with the launch of Digital Marketplace. This included a host of cutting-edge, yet user-friendly, solutions like iALERT, Service Mandi, Leykart and eDiagnostics which were ‘Industry-Firsts’ at that time.
More recently, the company launched its next wave of transformative digital solutions under the ‘Digital Nxt’ platform. This included iALERT 3.0- An advanced connected vehicle platform, Uptime Solution Center- A transformative Uptime experience platform and AL Care- a one-stop app for customers to manage all their vehicle needs. These transformational initiatives have increased the proliferation of connected digital solutions towards Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) reduction. These solutions have also gone a long way in turbocharging the agile transformation of the company by building real digital resilience.
“As a leading player in the commercial vehicle space, our focus has always been to deliver the lowest Total Cost of operation (TCO) and thereby the highest profit to our customers. Our Digital Nxt Solutions comprising of iALERT 3.0, Uptime Solution Center & AL Care, helps us to deliver on this promise. Our customers using these digital platforms have achieved significant cost savings, and on an average, we have facilitated 15% overall savings, which includes 5-10% of fuel savings and 15% improvement on fleet utilisation. These customer-centric solutions are a true extension of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet’, and helps them through the entire product lifecycle. I am proud of our in house Digital and Connected Vehicle Technology Team who have developed these solutions and are continuously innovating on this journey, as we move towards a digital driven future”, said, Mr. Vipin Sondhi, MD & CEO, Ashok Leyland.
“Ashok Leyland has always been a pioneer in offering the latest vehicle technology and backing it up with cutting-edge digital solutions for an end to end brand experience for its customers. These solutions have helped our customers reap rich dividends by deriving more out of our products. For example, iALERT has transformed the way our customers do their business – it lets them optimise their order book based on vehicle availability and vehicle uptime. We are the first OEM to provide our connected vehicle solution, iALERT, as a standard offering with every M&HCV vehicle sold since 2017. iALERT today is by far the most proven, indigenously developed connected vehicle platform. It is scalable to support huge volumes of vehicle data and can process this data to offer real-time deep insights to customers. Our connected digital platforms monitor more than 40 million Kms of vehicle run and 1 million hours of engine running every day. Similarly, the Uptime Solutions Platform that we launched with BS6 has revolutionized the way service is performed today by leveraging AI driven prognostics and remote servicing capabilities. What we are also most proud of is the fact that all these technologies and solutions are bought to life by our dedicated in-house Digital and Connected Vehicle Technology team. The capabilities & skills that the team has around key new age technologies like AI, ML, IoT & Cloud coupled with its laser sharp business outcome focussed approach acts as the secret sauce for all our differentiated solutions”, said Mr. Venkatesh Natarajan, Chief Digital Officer, Ashok Leyland.
Highlights of Ashok Leyland’s Customer centric Digital solutions
iALERT Connected Vehicle Platform
· Over 60,000+ customers owning over 1.5 lakh vehicles on boarded onto the iALERT Connected Vehicles Platform
· 10% to 15% Savings on Total Fuel Cost across customer base through Advanced analytics, dedicated driver gamification app and customized recommendations
· 15% improvement in Customer’s Fleet utilization through data insights, increasing his Productivity and revenue
· Multiple stolen vehicles recovered using iALERT solution
· AI based Fuel fill & Pilferage tracking solution has on an average saved about INR 25 lakhs/month, for a customer with an average Fleet Size of 150 vehicles
· Customers can now manage/subscribe for all these Digital solutions through the convenience of a highly User-friendly Mobile App
Uptime Solutions Platform
· Dedicated AL Experts team monitoring all vehicles Pan-India 24×7 for any potential issues/breakdowns
· Numerous cases of critical vehicle breakdowns prevented till date, through proactive intervention
· More than 500 cases of remote service attention rendered to customer vehicles – Uptime Savings equivalent to 1000 Vehicle running days
· Leveraging our ground breaking ‘Over-The-Air’ technology, Ashok Leyland’s Uptime Solutions Platform has truly redefined the service experience for all its customers in the CV space